Forums

Topic Attention Deficit Disorder Symptoms - A Guide to the Differences Between Child, Teen and Adult ADHD

• Tue 17th Apr 2018 - 11:38am

Obsessive thoughts will set off compulsions. Compulsions are recurring Protogen events and anyone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder will use compulsions to alleviate their fears and stresses. For example, if you are worried about catching a contagious disease you might start washing and scrubbing your hands every half an hour in order to remain healthy. Some other examples can include reorganizing all the items in your apartment or house, creating large lists or counting out loud to prevent bad situations from occurring. When these recurring events are not accomplished, they can lead to serious anxiety attacks.

Even though Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is a serious condition, there are proven treatments to help people who suffer from OCD. Therapy is one option. The most common being Exposure Therapy, which places people in stressful situations but they are then instructed and are not permitted to perform their compulsions or recurring behavior. For example, if you are worried about getting sick you might be scared of touching objects and other people. Exposure Therapy would have you make contact with people and you would not be permitted to sanitize or scrub your hands.

Another successful type of therapy is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. This is where your therapist will help you change the way you think in order to better deal with stressful circumstances. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder sufferers can also be prescribed medication. The most common medication for OCD is antidepressants.

Children with Primarily Inattentive ADHD (ADHD-PI) often get distracted on their way to completing tasks. There are tools that I use at my house to keep my Primarily Inattentive son on task. I am able to help him because I too suffered from ADHD-PI when I was a child.

https://worldhealthreviews.com/protogen-review

Please register or login to post forum replies